Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll with Cajun Tailgators!

Photo courtesy of Vegan Soapbox
Yesterday I received an e-mail from Ann Keady of Cajun Tailgators that was practically infectious about her love for Cajun food and her hopes to bring it to the Big D. As a student at LSU, Ann fell hard and fast both for the Cajun cuisine at football tailgates as well as her husband. Together they're working on Dallas' first Food Truck that represents the authentic taste of Louisiana with plans to be rolling in February, just in time for Mardi Gras season. While the menu is a work in progress, you may see items such as Gumbos, Po-Boys, Meat Pies, Crawfish Pies, Red Beans & Rice, Etouffee, Fried Boudin Balls, Beignets and King Cake. As long as permitting goes as planned, they'll be running in Dallas for weekly scheduling mixed with special events catering. Make sure to tell Ann what you want to see on the menu and as they say on the Bayou, "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule" or Let the Good Times Roll!

1 comment:

  1. I attempted to schedule a catering event for my company with Cajun Tailgators. This ended up being one of the WORST experiences with scheduling an event that I have ever had. I contacted Cajun Tailgators over 3 weeks prior to when I would need a batch of beignet orders. They confirmed that they could do the event and agreed to wait to hear back for details. When I called a second time, they yet again confirmed the event, gave me a price, discussed times for the event, and agreed to call me back within 24 hours to confirm a location to meet to pick up the orders. They never called back, which I considered to be highly unprofessional to begin with. When I hadn't heard from them on a location to meet, and it was already the day before my morning event, I contacted them again. This time, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about, that she would have to look into whether or not they could even do it, and that it was just too early for her to get her workers to come out. (Even though she had already confirmed this event TWICE, and had even quoted me a price $100 more than the original quote I had received because she would have to get her workers up earlier.) She called me back at almost 7:00 pm to let me know "she wouldn't be able to do my event after all," which was extremely considerate of her given the fact that my event was scheduled for 6:30 am the next morning, and I was left high and dry with no food less than 12 hours before. Thank you to Dunkin Donuts for bailing us out of a mess created by Cajun Tailgator's complete lack of professionalism.

    WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND FOR A CATERING EVENT!

    ReplyDelete